Friday, December 26, 2008

first look guate

hey thar! i got my camera to work so i immediately started snapping away, and ive got some pics from noche buena, along with the amazing fireworks at midnight here in the capital.. enjoy!

this is my little corner of mess in my old room in miami.


first look at guatemala from the airport terminal



first up new guatemalan airport terminal... nifty! before this it was a long, dim concrete, windowless hallway that made you feel like you were hiding out in a bunker. it screamed yes! you have entered the third world and the war has begun! now it says hey you, you´re gonna like it here.


christmas dinner. i was famished. i decided it was a good idea to starve myself so i could fit more turkey in.

Christmas dinner time! My uncle´s job was turkey intimidation, obv.

In guatemala it´s tradition to burn as many fireworks as your little heart desires at midnight on noche buena. this year my uncle pulled out all the stops, and so did all the neighbors. the show lasted a good 20 minutes of non stop burning. amazing!

1 comment:

adry said...

Haha, they do that in Nicaragua too.

I think it might just be a Central American thing? Or maybe a Hispanic thing?

Followers

yeah really.

My photo
enthusiasm to the core